LOS ANGELES (AP) – The discovery of four bodies outside a Los Angeles home quickly led to the arrests of four people some 300 miles away and a day later in Las Vegas, police said.
The four suspects were being held at Clark County Detention Center awaiting extradition to Los Angeles, Las Vegas police said in a statement Tuesday. One was arrested for investigation of murder and the three others were for crimes stemming from the killings.
They were arrested Monday at the Silverton Hotel and Casino by Las Vegas officers after a request from Los Angeles police and the FBI. Las Vegas police learned that the suspects were driving a black Audi with no license plates, located the car at the hotel, and watched the suspects through the night until arrest warrants were issued.
Ka Pasasouk, 31, the alleged gunman, was arrested for investigation of murder, while three others were accused of being accessories to murder, committing robbery, or both, Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck said at a news conference.
Pasaouk has a lengthy criminal record that includes convictions for robbery, assault and possession of methamphetamine, according to court records obtained by the Los Angeles Times. He was on probation at the time of the killings.
Police said the victims, whose identities have not been released, were visiting friends at an overcrowded, unlicensed boarding house in Northridge when they were confronted and fatally shot early Sunday.
“This is one of the worst and heinous crimes we’ve seen in our community,” said City Councilman Mitchell Englander, who represents the area. “This is a community that once again will come together and never forget what happened at this location.”
Englander toured the house and said it was split into units for rent, including makeshift living spaces in the backyard.
He said it appeared to be operating as an unlicensed boarding house with at least a dozen and as many as 17 people living amid old food, trash, mattresses and animal waste. Englander called the living conditions deplorable.
Detectives were met with a “very grisly tableau” when they found the victims on a front lawn, Beck said. Three of the bodies were found face-down.
The suspects will be extradited to Los Angeles in the next couple of days, Beck said.
Glendale resident Howard Alcantara, 30, has been booked for investigation of robbery and aiding a felon. Donna Rabulan, 30, of Los Angeles, was arrested for investigation of aiding a felon, and Christina Neal, 31, of Los Angeles, was taken into custody for investigation of aiding a felon.
Beck declined to take questions or provide details about a motive, the suspects or victims, saying the investigation remained active.
Those killed were two women in their mid-20s, a man in his mid-30s and another man in his late 40s, police said.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier