BARTOW, Fla. (AP) – The million-dollar Florida home of a murdered lottery winner has been stripped from his convicted killer and returned to his estate.
The Ledger of Lakeland (
http://bit.ly/15PKZSb) reports Friday that Circuit Judge J. Dale Durrance ruled that Dorice Moore never paid Abraham Shakespeare. A lawyer representing Shakespeare’s estate said it will be sold to benefit his two sons.
Shakespeare won a $17 million lump-sum in 2006 but he lost most of his money. During Moore’s trial last year, prosecutors showed she befriended Shakespeare to take control of his remaining wealth, including his home. He disappeared in April 2009 and his body was found nine months later under a slab behind a home owned by Moore. He had been shot twice.
Moore was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison.
Information from: The Ledger (Lakeland, Fla.),
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.