BARTOW, Fla. (AP) – The million-dollar Florida home of a murdered lottery winner has been stripped from his convicted killer and returned to his estate.
The Ledger of Lakeland (
http://bit.ly/15PKZSb) reports Friday that Circuit Judge J. Dale Durrance ruled that Dorice Moore never paid Abraham Shakespeare. A lawyer representing Shakespeare’s estate said it will be sold to benefit his two sons.
Shakespeare won a $17 million lump-sum in 2006 but he lost most of his money. During Moore’s trial last year, prosecutors showed she befriended Shakespeare to take control of his remaining wealth, including his home. He disappeared in April 2009 and his body was found nine months later under a slab behind a home owned by Moore. He had been shot twice.
Moore was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison.
Information from: The Ledger (Lakeland, Fla.),
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food