HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) – A transit bus hit a pedestrian and then slammed into a suburban New York City house, killing a 6-year-old boy who was inside the home.
Police say the Nassau Inter County Express bus plowed into the multi-family home in Hempstead, on Long Island around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday. Six-year-old David Granados was pronounced dead at a hospital, and police say his 7-year-old brother suffered minor injuries. The boys had been in the home’s front bedroom.
Police say eight of 11 bus passengers suffered minor injuries.
The unidentified pedestrian suffered several broken bones.
Police say a preliminary investigation indicates no apparent criminality. Inspector Kenneth Lack, a department spokesman, says it appears the pedestrian disregarded several attempts by the bus driver to alert him, including honking his horn before the accident.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise