ATLANTA (AP) – As the Powerball jackpot soars, the Georgia Lottery is making progress in repairing some of its machines that are taking a long time to process tickets.
The lottery could not say how widespread the problem was Monday or provide other details.
However, spokeswoman Tandi Reddick said the slowest transaction times were between noon and 1 p.m. Reddick says since then, performance has improved significantly.
The lottery on its Facebook page apologized to customers and said the terminals are downloading upgraded software.
Wednesday’s Powerball jackpot is $425 million. Officials at the Multi State Lottery Association say equipment problems were not reported in the other 41 states that have Powerball.
James Lee says the machine in his downtown Atlanta convenience store was running slowly Monday afternoon and that it led to some arguments between annoyed customers.
Associated Press writer Phillip Lucas contributed to this report.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl