ATLANTA (AP) – As the Powerball jackpot soars, the Georgia Lottery is making progress in repairing some of its machines that are taking a long time to process tickets.
The lottery could not say how widespread the problem was Monday or provide other details.
However, spokeswoman Tandi Reddick said the slowest transaction times were between noon and 1 p.m. Reddick says since then, performance has improved significantly.
The lottery on its Facebook page apologized to customers and said the terminals are downloading upgraded software.
Wednesday’s Powerball jackpot is $425 million. Officials at the Multi State Lottery Association say equipment problems were not reported in the other 41 states that have Powerball.
James Lee says the machine in his downtown Atlanta convenience store was running slowly Monday afternoon and that it led to some arguments between annoyed customers.
Associated Press writer Phillip Lucas contributed to this report.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains