ATLANTA (AP) – As the Powerball jackpot soars, the Georgia Lottery is making progress in repairing some of its machines that are taking a long time to process tickets.
The lottery could not say how widespread the problem was Monday or provide other details.
However, spokeswoman Tandi Reddick said the slowest transaction times were between noon and 1 p.m. Reddick says since then, performance has improved significantly.
The lottery on its Facebook page apologized to customers and said the terminals are downloading upgraded software.
Wednesday’s Powerball jackpot is $425 million. Officials at the Multi State Lottery Association say equipment problems were not reported in the other 41 states that have Powerball.
James Lee says the machine in his downtown Atlanta convenience store was running slowly Monday afternoon and that it led to some arguments between annoyed customers.
Associated Press writer Phillip Lucas contributed to this report.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food