MIAMI (AP) – A Miami woman who spent 42 years in a coma has died.
The Miami Herald (
http://hrld.us/TTC9v4) reports Ewarda O’Bara was a high school student in 1970 when she fell ill, threw up her medicine and slipped into a diabetic coma. She passed away Wednesday at age 59.
The Herald reports that before the teen lost consciousness, she asked her mother, Kay O’Bara, to never leave her side. She kept her promise, taking care of her daughter until she died five years ago. That’s when Colleen O’Bara stepped in and continued taking care of her sister in the Miami Gardens home.
Kay O’Bara was a devout Catholic who said she felt the presence of the Virgin Mary in her daughter’s room. That led Dr. Wayne Dyer to write a book.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy