RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) – In a story Dec. 19 about four men pleading not guilty to conspiring to aid terrorists, The Associated Press reported erroneously that three of them, Ralph Deleon, Arifeen Gojali and Miguel Santana Vidriales, had previously pleaded guilty. They previously pleaded not guilty. The story also misspelled Gojali’s name.
A corrected version of the story is below:
4 US men plead not guilty in terror plot case
4 US men plead not guilty to conspiring to aid terrorists in Afghanistan
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) _ Four men charged with plotting to kill Americans by aiding terrorists in Afghanistan have pleaded not guilty to a conspiracy count in a U.S. court.
A federal judge in Riverside, Calif., set an Aug. 6 trial date for the men after they made their first joint appearance in court Wednesday.
Three of the men _ Ralph Deleon, Arifeen Gojali and Miguel Santana Vidriales _ previously pleaded not guilty. But they had to re-enter their pleas when prosecutors added to the indictment a Southern California man suspected of being the ringleader of the plot.
The government accuses Sohiel Omar Kabir of Pomona of inviting his co-defendants to visit his native Afghanistan and meet with terrorists. Gojali, Deleon and Santana were arrested the day they were suspected of leaving to meet Kabir in Afghanistan.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night