RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) – In a story Dec. 19 about four men pleading not guilty to conspiring to aid terrorists, The Associated Press reported erroneously that three of them, Ralph Deleon, Arifeen Gojali and Miguel Santana Vidriales, had previously pleaded guilty. They previously pleaded not guilty. The story also misspelled Gojali’s name.
A corrected version of the story is below:
4 US men plead not guilty in terror plot case
4 US men plead not guilty to conspiring to aid terrorists in Afghanistan
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) _ Four men charged with plotting to kill Americans by aiding terrorists in Afghanistan have pleaded not guilty to a conspiracy count in a U.S. court.
A federal judge in Riverside, Calif., set an Aug. 6 trial date for the men after they made their first joint appearance in court Wednesday.
Three of the men _ Ralph Deleon, Arifeen Gojali and Miguel Santana Vidriales _ previously pleaded not guilty. But they had to re-enter their pleas when prosecutors added to the indictment a Southern California man suspected of being the ringleader of the plot.
The government accuses Sohiel Omar Kabir of Pomona of inviting his co-defendants to visit his native Afghanistan and meet with terrorists. Gojali, Deleon and Santana were arrested the day they were suspected of leaving to meet Kabir in Afghanistan.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain