RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) – In a story Dec. 19 about four men pleading not guilty to conspiring to aid terrorists, The Associated Press reported erroneously that three of them, Ralph Deleon, Arifeen Gojali and Miguel Santana Vidriales, had previously pleaded guilty. They previously pleaded not guilty. The story also misspelled Gojali’s name.
A corrected version of the story is below:
4 US men plead not guilty in terror plot case
4 US men plead not guilty to conspiring to aid terrorists in Afghanistan
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) _ Four men charged with plotting to kill Americans by aiding terrorists in Afghanistan have pleaded not guilty to a conspiracy count in a U.S. court.
A federal judge in Riverside, Calif., set an Aug. 6 trial date for the men after they made their first joint appearance in court Wednesday.
Three of the men _ Ralph Deleon, Arifeen Gojali and Miguel Santana Vidriales _ previously pleaded not guilty. But they had to re-enter their pleas when prosecutors added to the indictment a Southern California man suspected of being the ringleader of the plot.
The government accuses Sohiel Omar Kabir of Pomona of inviting his co-defendants to visit his native Afghanistan and meet with terrorists. Gojali, Deleon and Santana were arrested the day they were suspected of leaving to meet Kabir in Afghanistan.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees