HAMLIN, N.Y. (AP) – A trailer filled with 350 Christmas trees that was stolen from a western New York farm has been recovered.
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office tells local media that a passer-by spotted the pickup truck and trailer Wednesday afternoon at St. Leo’s Church in Hamlin, on the Lake Ontario shore 18 miles west of Rochester.
The truck and trailer had been stolen earlier that morning from a farm in Hamlin. The farmer called police after he discovered the pickup truck he’d backed into a driveway was gone and so was the 28-foot trailer behind it.
Inside the trailer were 350 Douglas fir trees worth about $12,000. It’s not immediately known if all the trees have been recovered.
No suspects are in custody. Police say their investigation is continuing.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains