ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) – New York is suing Credit Suisse Securities and affiliates, claiming they misled investors about the care taken in evaluating their residential mortgage-backed securities.
The suit filed Tuesday in Manhattan under New York’s Martin Act alleges Credit Suisse deceived investors before the 2008 market collapse.
Attorney General Eric Schneiderman (SHNEYE’-dur-muhn) says the securities sponsored and underwritten by Credit Suisse in 2006 and 2007 have lost about $11.2 billion.
Zurich-based Credit Suisse says Schneiderman “recycles baseless claims” from private lawsuits.
Schneiderman is co-chair of a task force established by President Barack Obama to investigate misconduct in the pooling and sales of those securities.
Last month, he filed a similar lawsuit against JPMorgan Chase & Co., alleging fraud by Bear Stearns before its 2008 collapse and subsequent sale to the New York bank.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development