LOS ANGELES (AP) – Los Angeles police formed skirmish lines during a street clash between Palestinian supporters and a pro-Israel group staging a rally, but nobody was arrested.
KNX radio reports one man apparently broke his arm during a fight with a demonstrator during the Sunday afternoon event outside the Westwood federal building.
The rally attracted more than 1,000 pro-Israel supporters amid renewed fighting in the Gaza Strip, where Israel is retaliating for Hamas rocket attacks.
After the event began, a group of about 250 Palestinian supporters began demonstrating on the opposite side of Wilshire Boulevard.
It triggered a Los Angeles Police Department tactical alert that drew police officers, sheriff’s deputies and the California Highway Patrol officers who formed skirmish lines until the demonstrators eventually left.
Information from: KNX-AM,
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life