HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP) – A northern New Jersey physician has been indicted on charges he caused the risk of widespread damage by stashing large amounts of bomb-making materials at his home.
Sixty-year-old Roberto Rivera of Ridgewood also faces weapons charges in the indictment recently handed up by a Bergen County grand jury. He remains jailed on $1 million bail. His lawyer has declined to comment.
Rivera was arrested in November after authorities reported finding several weapons at his home, along with large amounts of chemicals that can be used in making explosives. Police went to the residence after receiving a report that potentially hazardous materials might be there.
Prosecutors haven’t said why Rivera had the items or what he planned to do with them.
The state temporarily suspended his medical license in January.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match