HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP) – A northern New Jersey physician has been indicted on charges he caused the risk of widespread damage by stashing large amounts of bomb-making materials at his home.
Sixty-year-old Roberto Rivera of Ridgewood also faces weapons charges in the indictment recently handed up by a Bergen County grand jury. He remains jailed on $1 million bail. His lawyer has declined to comment.
Rivera was arrested in November after authorities reported finding several weapons at his home, along with large amounts of chemicals that can be used in making explosives. Police went to the residence after receiving a report that potentially hazardous materials might be there.
Prosecutors haven’t said why Rivera had the items or what he planned to do with them.
The state temporarily suspended his medical license in January.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas