HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP) – A northern New Jersey physician has been indicted on charges he caused the risk of widespread damage by stashing large amounts of bomb-making materials at his home.
Sixty-year-old Roberto Rivera of Ridgewood also faces weapons charges in the indictment recently handed up by a Bergen County grand jury. He remains jailed on $1 million bail. His lawyer has declined to comment.
Rivera was arrested in November after authorities reported finding several weapons at his home, along with large amounts of chemicals that can be used in making explosives. Police went to the residence after receiving a report that potentially hazardous materials might be there.
Prosecutors haven’t said why Rivera had the items or what he planned to do with them.
The state temporarily suspended his medical license in January.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy