NEW YORK (AP) – A New York City boutique owner was fatally shot in the head with the same gun that killed two other shopkeepers over the summer.
The shop owner was behind the counter of She She in Brooklyn’s Flatbush section when he was shot Friday night, The Daily News reported. The gunman dragged his body toward the back of the store and covered it with clothing, the newspaper reported.
Police have identified the victim as 78-year-old Rahmatollah Vahidipour of Great Neck on Long Island. He suffered gunshot wounds to the head and torso, police said.
“He was quiet and worked hard,” said Leon Nwabueze, who owns the Nanso clothing shop across the street from the victim’s store.
Richard Vinson, 63, who has lived next door to the boutique for four years, called the victim “a very nice gentleman.”
“He was a hardworking man; he’d open the store early in the morning and he’d still be there until 7:30, 8 o’clock in the evening,” Vinson told reporters.
Nwabueze said Vahidipour closed his store each Saturday to observe the Jewish Sabbath.
No one has been arrested in the three shootings, which happened in a 5-mile radius. Police say they don’t know the motive behind any of the killings.
None of the targeted shops had surveillance cameras, according to published reports.
On July 6, clothing store owner Mohamed Gebeli was killed inside Valentino Fashion in Bay Ridge. On Aug. 2, Isaac Kadare was found dead at his Amazing 99 Cents Deal shop in Bensonhurst.
Authorities are offering rewards of $22,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction in the three homicides.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas