INDIANAPOLIS (AP) – A missing family cat has been rescued from the ruins of a home near the center of the deadly Indianapolis house explosion.
Fire Capt. Rita Burris says the black cat named Gidget had been missing since the fiery blast late Saturday night.
A federal investigator found Gidget on Friday hiding behind a couch in the home of her owners, Glenn and Gloria Olvey. Burris says the cat was scared but otherwise in good condition. The Olveys already had recovered their other three pets.
The family lives next door to the house where the blast is believed to have originated.
Glenn Olvey says the blast hurled him several feet and trapped him, his wife and one of their two teenage daughters when their roof collapsed.
Shelters are housing several recovered pets.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl