INDIANAPOLIS (AP) – A missing family cat has been rescued from the ruins of a home near the center of the deadly Indianapolis house explosion.
Fire Capt. Rita Burris says the black cat named Gidget had been missing since the fiery blast late Saturday night.
A federal investigator found Gidget on Friday hiding behind a couch in the home of her owners, Glenn and Gloria Olvey. Burris says the cat was scared but otherwise in good condition. The Olveys already had recovered their other three pets.
The family lives next door to the house where the blast is believed to have originated.
Glenn Olvey says the blast hurled him several feet and trapped him, his wife and one of their two teenage daughters when their roof collapsed.
Shelters are housing several recovered pets.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development