RICHMOND, Va. (AP) – The last remnants of electronics retailer Circuit City is going away.
Systemax Inc. has announced it is merging the CircuitCity.com website with its TigerDirect.com e-commerce brand.
In a posting on the website, the company said the consolidation will take place by Dec. 31.
New York-based Systemax purchased Circuit City’s intellectual property assets in 2009 for $14 million. In October, its board decided the company’s future consumer business would be optimized by consolidating the websites. The news was first reported Thursday by the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
Richmond, Va.-based Circuit City filed for bankruptcy in November 2008 and closed its last stores in March 2009.
Systemax also had purchased electronics retailer CompUSA’s intellectual property when it closed in 2008. It manufactures and sells consumer electronics online, by direct mail and in retail stores.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon