RICHMOND, Va. (AP) – The last remnants of electronics retailer Circuit City is going away.
Systemax Inc. has announced it is merging the CircuitCity.com website with its TigerDirect.com e-commerce brand.
In a posting on the website, the company said the consolidation will take place by Dec. 31.
New York-based Systemax purchased Circuit City’s intellectual property assets in 2009 for $14 million. In October, its board decided the company’s future consumer business would be optimized by consolidating the websites. The news was first reported Thursday by the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
Richmond, Va.-based Circuit City filed for bankruptcy in November 2008 and closed its last stores in March 2009.
Systemax also had purchased electronics retailer CompUSA’s intellectual property when it closed in 2008. It manufactures and sells consumer electronics online, by direct mail and in retail stores.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever