INDIANAPOLIS (AP) – The woman who lived in the home believed at the center of a deadly Indianapolis explosion doesn’t believe the furnace was the source of the blast.
Monserrate Shirley told The Associated Press Tuesday that she had her thermostat replaced recently, correcting a problem heating the home. But she says the furnace was fine.
John Shirley of Noblesville has said his daughter, who lived there, had told him they were having furnace problems. The estranged couple co-owned the home.
Monserrate Shirley also said she smelled a strange odor outside before the blast but doesn’t know if it was natural gas.
She and her daughter were not home when the explosion happened Saturday, killing two people and decimating their neighborhood.
Investigators said they believe gas was involved are focusing on appliances.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food