INDIANAPOLIS (AP) – The woman who lived in the home believed at the center of a deadly Indianapolis explosion doesn’t believe the furnace was the source of the blast.
Monserrate Shirley told The Associated Press Tuesday that she had her thermostat replaced recently, correcting a problem heating the home. But she says the furnace was fine.
John Shirley of Noblesville has said his daughter, who lived there, had told him they were having furnace problems. The estranged couple co-owned the home.
Monserrate Shirley also said she smelled a strange odor outside before the blast but doesn’t know if it was natural gas.
She and her daughter were not home when the explosion happened Saturday, killing two people and decimating their neighborhood.
Investigators said they believe gas was involved are focusing on appliances.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.