LAS VEGAS (AP) – A court hearing has been postponed for two Las Vegas 11-year-olds facing juvenile criminal allegations that they threw stones that killed six newborn kittens.
Prosecutor Michael Watson says he received the boys’ psychological evaluations Tuesday and needs time to review the findings.
Watson says Family Court Judge William Voy rescheduled the hearing for Dec. 4.
The boys’ names haven’t been made public because of their ages. They were put on house arrest following an earlier court appearance.
Police say neighbors heard breaking glass Oct. 9 at an apartment complex, and witnesses reported seeing the boys throwing stones before running away.
Authorities say the rocks killed six kittens as their mother gave birth.
The boys could face up to 30 days’ detention on seven counts each of animal cruelty.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains