INDIANAPOLIS (AP) – An Indianapolis man who survived an explosion that decimated his neighborhood says he’s struggling with the knowledge that his family could have died in the blast.
Fifty-two-year-old Glenn Olvey lives next door to the house that’s believed to have been the center of the explosion Saturday night. He says his family was buried in debris and was rescued as the house caught fire.
Olvey suffered a back injury. His wife, Gloria, and 14-year-old daughter required stitches. Another daughter had a minor head injury.
His insurer has declared the house and the couple’s vehicles total losses. But Olvey says they are lucky to have survived.
He says the blast that killed a couple two doors down could easily have killed his family if its force had gone the other way.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development