MARYSVILLE, Wash. (AP) – Peggy Ray didn’t think twice when she stopped her car and ran to help victims of an accident on Interstate 5 near the Seattle suburb of Everett.
She crawled through a broken window Saturday and helped stabilize a bleeding driver and his passenger until an emergency crew arrived to rescue the people trapped in the partially submerged car.
But Ray told KOMO-TV (
http://bit.ly/ZBPOg3) that when she returned to her vehicle, $900 had been taken from her purse. It represented two weeks’ work for the Marysville barista who supports six teenage kids.
Ray says someone else who pulled over at the accident scene likely took the money from her purse.
Washington state troopers are investigating and hope a tip might lead to an arrest.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier