TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) – Police say planning for an Ohio murder-suicide that left three children, their grandmother and their uncle dead began at least four days before it happened.
Investigators in Toledo said at a news conference Friday police found receipts dated Nov. 8 for items found in the garage where the five family members died from carbon monoxide poisoning on Monday.
Police say food and coloring books were found in the vehicle where the bodies were.
Police also say the garage windows and doors were boarded up and screwed shut and the garage door opener was disabled.
Investigators and family friends say the murder-suicide appears to stem from a family disagreement over where the children should live. They say notes found at the house indicate the children’s grandmother and uncle planned the killings using fumes from a pickup truck.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development