TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) – Police say planning for an Ohio murder-suicide that left three children, their grandmother and their uncle dead began at least four days before it happened.
Investigators in Toledo said at a news conference Friday police found receipts dated Nov. 8 for items found in the garage where the five family members died from carbon monoxide poisoning on Monday.
Police say food and coloring books were found in the vehicle where the bodies were.
Police also say the garage windows and doors were boarded up and screwed shut and the garage door opener was disabled.
Investigators and family friends say the murder-suicide appears to stem from a family disagreement over where the children should live. They say notes found at the house indicate the children’s grandmother and uncle planned the killings using fumes from a pickup truck.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match