TULSA, Okla. (AP) – An Oklahoma woman has pleaded guilty to child neglect after one of her children was found locked in a metal dog cage while two others were unattended and her husband was passed out on painkillers.
The woman faces up to five years in prison at sentencing. The woman’s husband has pleaded not guilty to child neglect and faces an Oct. 7 trial.
The Associated Press isn’t naming either parent to protect the children’s identities.
In an affidavit read Thursday, the mother admitted she “should have known” her husband likely would neglect the children. He had suffered a recent back injury and was taking powerful painkillers.
The woman’s attorney, Ed Lindsey, called the plea deal the best outcome for his client. A prosecutor was not immediately available to comment.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof