TULSA, Okla. (AP) – An Oklahoma woman has pleaded guilty to child neglect after one of her children was found locked in a metal dog cage while two others were unattended and her husband was passed out on painkillers.
The woman faces up to five years in prison at sentencing. The woman’s husband has pleaded not guilty to child neglect and faces an Oct. 7 trial.
The Associated Press isn’t naming either parent to protect the children’s identities.
In an affidavit read Thursday, the mother admitted she “should have known” her husband likely would neglect the children. He had suffered a recent back injury and was taking powerful painkillers.
The woman’s attorney, Ed Lindsey, called the plea deal the best outcome for his client. A prosecutor was not immediately available to comment.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food