VERMILION, Ohio (AP) – An investigator says child care workers from a government-funded program visited a northern Ohio family two months before their 18-month-old son died of malnutrition.
Erie County Sheriff’s Chief Deputy Jared Oliver told The Morning Journal in Lorain (
http://bit.ly/QLpO1s) he couldn’t say whether any concerns were raised when workers from the Help Me Grow program visited the family in Vermilion. The program often helps parents of young children with disabilities.
No charges have been filed in the boy’s death, but six other children were removed from the home.
Four were hospitalized with medical concerns including malnutrition. Oliver says those children are doing better and gaining weight.
Authorities have said many of the children have physical or mental disabilities.
The state plans to investigate how social workers handled the family’s case.
Information from: The Morning Journal,
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets