WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) – Police in Connecticut say a man stole a car used to deliver Chinese food and continued dropping off orders so he could keep the customers’ money.
Keith Hinds was charged on Friday with larceny, possession of less than half an ounce of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and other drug charges.
It was not known Monday morning if the 45-year-old Hinds is represented by a lawyer.
West Hartford police received a call from a Chinese food delivery driver reporting that his car had been stolen after he left it idling to run into a school.
The driver also called his boss so customers could be notified that their orders were stolen with the car. Police say one of the orders was delivered after the car was taken.
Hinds was held on $5,000 bond.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development