COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP) – A man charged with a bomb threat at Texas A&M University is now facing charges for a similar scare at Texas State University.
A complaint unsealed this week accuses 19-year-old Dereon Kelly of using the email account of his girlfriend, Brittany Henderson, to send an Oct. 18 message to a Texas State employee threatening to blow the San Marcos school “up to small pieces.”
A day later, the complaint says Henderson’s email was used to send a threat to Texas A&M in College Station. Both campuses were evacuated.
The complaint says authorities later found text messages Kelly sent to Henderson admitting to using her email.
Henderson’s attorney tells the Bryan-College Station Eagle (
http://bit.ly/UzO4PL) he expects charges against her to be dismissed.
Kelly’s attorney didn’t immediately return a phone message.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food