LOS ANGELES (AP) – A man has been charged with raping an 18-year-old mentally disabled woman in the back of a Los Angeles County transit bus last week.
Prosecutors say 20-year-old Kerry Trotter pleaded not guilty Wednesday to one count each of forcible rape and rape of an incompetent person, and two counts of sexual penetration by a foreign object. If convicted, Trotter faces more than 20 years in prison.
Authorities say Trotter and the woman boarded the bus at the same stop last Wednesday and he allegedly raped her in the back of the bus. Trotter was arrested thanks to an anonymous tip by someone who saw an image from a surveillance camera.
He was ordered to remain jailed in lieu of $285,000 bail. It’s not immediately known if Trotter has retained an attorney.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development