CHICAGO (AP) – A suburban Chicago man who was convicted of lying about a Hamas shooting of an American teen has been removed from the U.S. government’s “specially designated terrorist” list.
Bridgeview resident Muhammad Salah’s attorney tells the Chicago Tribune (
http://trib.in/StYJv6) that the U.S. Treasury Department has removed Salah from the list. Salah filed a lawsuit in September claiming U.S. government monitoring of his economic transactions is unconstitutional.
Salah was imprisoned in Israel after police who searched his East Jerusalem hotel room found $95,000 in cash they said was earmarked to bankroll terrorism.
He went on trial in 2007 and was acquitted of racketeering conspiracy but convicted of obstruction for lying under oath about the fatal Hamas shooting of an American teenager. A federal judge sentenced him to 21 months in prison.
Information from: Chicago Tribune,
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.