OCEAN CITY, Md. (AP) – A historic fishing pier in Maryland that was ravaged by Hurricane Sandy will soon be rebuilt.
Ocean City Mayor Rick Meehan tells The Daily Times of Salisbury (
http://bit.ly/UEq8ur) the pier has “tremendous importance to the town and the visitors.”
The pier was badly damaged during the storm two weeks ago. A large section was completely destroyed, and the pilings that were left standing have since been removed.
The town for decades has offered a franchise agreement for pier control, and Meehan says Charles “Buddy” Jenkins, the current franchise holder, has committed to rebuilding the pier.
Meehan says he expects it to be rebuilt in time for the summer season, though the project is expected to be expensive.
Information from: The Daily Times of Salisbury, Md.,
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development