OCEAN CITY, Md. (AP) – A historic fishing pier in Maryland that was ravaged by Hurricane Sandy will soon be rebuilt.
Ocean City Mayor Rick Meehan tells The Daily Times of Salisbury (
http://bit.ly/UEq8ur) the pier has “tremendous importance to the town and the visitors.”
The pier was badly damaged during the storm two weeks ago. A large section was completely destroyed, and the pilings that were left standing have since been removed.
The town for decades has offered a franchise agreement for pier control, and Meehan says Charles “Buddy” Jenkins, the current franchise holder, has committed to rebuilding the pier.
Meehan says he expects it to be rebuilt in time for the summer season, though the project is expected to be expensive.
Information from: The Daily Times of Salisbury, Md.,
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy