OCEAN CITY, Md. (AP) – A historic fishing pier in Maryland that was ravaged by Hurricane Sandy will soon be rebuilt.
Ocean City Mayor Rick Meehan tells The Daily Times of Salisbury (
http://bit.ly/UEq8ur) the pier has “tremendous importance to the town and the visitors.”
The pier was badly damaged during the storm two weeks ago. A large section was completely destroyed, and the pilings that were left standing have since been removed.
The town for decades has offered a franchise agreement for pier control, and Meehan says Charles “Buddy” Jenkins, the current franchise holder, has committed to rebuilding the pier.
Meehan says he expects it to be rebuilt in time for the summer season, though the project is expected to be expensive.
Information from: The Daily Times of Salisbury, Md.,
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains