HOWELL, Mich. (AP) – A man charged in a shooting spree that targeted motorists along a highway corridor in four Michigan counties has been found competent to stand trial.
A forensic competency examination found Raulie Casteel fit for trial on charges brought by the state attorney general’s office.
The findings were discussed at a hearing Wednesday in Howell District Court.
Casteel faces similar charges in Oakland County. A competency hearing is scheduled for Thursday in Novi District Court in that case. The findings are expected to be the same.
Casteel faces 60 counts in Oakland County, including assault with intent to murder. The AG’s office brought a terrorism charge against him.
Authorities say the 43-year-old shot at cars along Interstate 96 in October.
Defense lawyers describe Casteel as college educated with no criminal history.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise