HOWELL, Mich. (AP) – A man charged in a shooting spree that targeted motorists along a highway corridor in four Michigan counties has been found competent to stand trial.
A forensic competency examination found Raulie Casteel fit for trial on charges brought by the state attorney general’s office.
The findings were discussed at a hearing Wednesday in Howell District Court.
Casteel faces similar charges in Oakland County. A competency hearing is scheduled for Thursday in Novi District Court in that case. The findings are expected to be the same.
Casteel faces 60 counts in Oakland County, including assault with intent to murder. The AG’s office brought a terrorism charge against him.
Authorities say the 43-year-old shot at cars along Interstate 96 in October.
Defense lawyers describe Casteel as college educated with no criminal history.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America