HOWELL, Mich. (AP) – A man charged in a shooting spree that targeted motorists along a highway corridor in four Michigan counties has been found competent to stand trial.
A forensic competency examination found Raulie Casteel fit for trial on charges brought by the state attorney general’s office.
The findings were discussed at a hearing Wednesday in Howell District Court.
Casteel faces similar charges in Oakland County. A competency hearing is scheduled for Thursday in Novi District Court in that case. The findings are expected to be the same.
Casteel faces 60 counts in Oakland County, including assault with intent to murder. The AG’s office brought a terrorism charge against him.
Authorities say the 43-year-old shot at cars along Interstate 96 in October.
Defense lawyers describe Casteel as college educated with no criminal history.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy