DELAWARE, Ohio (AP) – Authorities say two motorcycles have collided while escorting first lady Michelle Obama from a campaign stop in central Ohio, injuring a police officer and a state trooper.
The State Highway Patrol says the motorcycles somehow sideswiped each other late Monday afternoon east of Delaware as the motorcade headed to an airport.
A state trooper and a Genoa Township police officer were hurt in the crash. They were hospitalized in Columbus in stable condition. The patrol says the police officer’s injuries were more serious than the trooper’s but weren’t life-threatening.
Mrs. Obama wasn’t hurt, and her motorcade continued on its route. She had campaigned at nearby Ohio Wesleyan University and was headed to Cleveland for another event.
No other vehicles were involved in the crash.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon