CONCORD, N.H. (AP) – A New Hampshire woman charged with lying to investigators about the disappearance and death of a University of New Hampshire sophomore last fall has been sentenced to 1 1/2 -3 years in prison.
Nineteen-year-old Kathryn McDonough, whose ex-boyfriend is charged with strangling 19-year-old Elizabeth “Lizzi” Marriott last October, pleaded guilty Thursday to hindering the prosecution, conspiracy and tampering with a witness. She was sentenced after several of Marriott’s relatives took turns accusing her of luring Marriott to her death.
Calling the sentence “wimpy” and “a gross injustice,” the relatives said McDonough betrayed Marriott’s friendship and did nothing to help her escape her killer.
Investigators say McDonough and Seth Mazzaglia (Muh-ZAIL-yah) admitted that they dumped Marriott’s body into the waters off Peirce Island in Portsmouth. It has never been recovered.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food