NEW YORK (AP) – Lawyers for an Egyptian Islamic preacher jailed in the United States on terrorism charges say he’s not being treated as well in New York as he was in England.
Attorneys for Mustafa Kamel Mustafa say the federal lockup in Manhattan is not doing enough to help their client, who has no hands. They complained to a federal judge at a hearing Friday.
Attorney Lindsay Lewis says Mustafa still has not been fitted for new prosthetics and gets little help doing basic tasks like eating or cleaning himself. She says jailers in England provided someone to help him four to six times a day.
A U.S. Bureau of Prisons spokesman says the bureau has allowed Mustafa to use prosthetics he brought from England in October while it arranges new ones.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food