MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) – A New Yorker who initially battled her parents for the right to be taken off life support has died.
According to her mother, Sungeun (sun-yun) Grace Lee died Sunday. She was 28.
Jin Ah Lee (jihn ah lee) says a service for her daughter will be held Thursday, followed by a Friday burial.
The service will be at a church in Queens where Lee’s father is a pastor.
The financial analyst was found to have a tumor on her brain stem in 2011.
She was hospitalized last fall after suffering a seizure. She asked to be taken off the ventilator, but her devoutly Christian parents opposed that.
A judge sided with Lee, permitting her to go off life support, but Lee changed her mind and stayed on the ventilator. She died at her parents’ home, where she had been since November.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon