MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) – A New Yorker who initially battled her parents for the right to be taken off life support has died.
According to her mother, Sungeun (sun-yun) Grace Lee died Sunday. She was 28.
Jin Ah Lee (jihn ah lee) says a service for her daughter will be held Thursday, followed by a Friday burial.
The service will be at a church in Queens where Lee’s father is a pastor.
The financial analyst was found to have a tumor on her brain stem in 2011.
She was hospitalized last fall after suffering a seizure. She asked to be taken off the ventilator, but her devoutly Christian parents opposed that.
A judge sided with Lee, permitting her to go off life support, but Lee changed her mind and stayed on the ventilator. She died at her parents’ home, where she had been since November.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America