WINTER SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) – All three members of a motorcycle club who were shot outside a Veterans of Foreign Wars post in central Florida have died.
Winter Springs police reported that Dave Jakiela died Tuesday, two days after being hospitalized. He was shot Sunday morning as members of a chapter of the Warlocks motorcycle club were meeting at the VFW for a charity ride. Also killed in the gunfire were Harold Liddle and Peter Schlette.
The gunfire erupted after other bikers showed up, Winter Springs police reported. Police officers responded and confiscated multiple weapons.
Victor Amaro, Robert Eckert, David Maloney and Paul Smith were each charged with two counts of homicide and one count of attempted homicide. Police expect to upgrade the attempted homicide in light of the third death. All four men were being held without bail.
The Orlando Sentinel (
http://thesent.nl/SBn6WI) reports that the Warlocks were founded in Orange County in the late 1960s by Navy veteran Tom “Grub” Freeland. The club now has chapters throughout the U.S., England and Germany.
Members of the Pennsylvania Warlocks motorcycle club came to Florida to establish a chapter in Seminole County earlier this year but are not associated with the Florida Warlocks. According to records, the four men who were charged in the shooting are associated with the Pennsylvania club.
The FBI and DEA are assisting Winter Springs Police in the investigation. They are all still trying to determine a motive.
Information from: Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel,
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them