PHOENIX — Rudy’s Restaurant and Cantina in Queen Creek closed its doors for good this past Saturday after 41 years serving the community.
The restaurant was opened by and named after Rudy Valenzuela, who passed away on Feb. 5. His wife, Toni Valenzuela, wrote about the closure on the restaurant’s Facebook page.
“Thank you for your support for all the 41 years we were in business,” she wrote.
“Rudy passed away Feb. 5th of this year. We were both going to retire this year and do things together and spend time together but it can’t happen because he’s gone. So I have decided to retire. Rudy’s Restaurant will be closing our doors this Saturday for good.”
The East Valley mainstay offered Mexican and American diner fare at Ellsworth and Ocotillo roads.
- Main Street Minute: Vintage goods sale offers alternatives on Black Friday
- Gilbert woman launches eco-friendly gift wrapping company
- Here are some tips for eating healthy this holiday season
- American Express to add to Phoenix campus, relocate 3,000 jobs there
- Main Street Minute: Get discount, help sick kids at same time with hotel stay