PHOENIX — Rudy’s Restaurant and Cantina in Queen Creek closed its doors for good this past Saturday after 41 years serving the community.
The restaurant was opened by and named after Rudy Valenzuela, who passed away on Feb. 5. His wife, Toni Valenzuela, wrote about the closure on the restaurant’s Facebook page.
“Thank you for your support for all the 41 years we were in business,” she wrote.
“Rudy passed away Feb. 5th of this year. We were both going to retire this year and do things together and spend time together but it can’t happen because he’s gone. So I have decided to retire. Rudy’s Restaurant will be closing our doors this Saturday for good.”
The East Valley mainstay offered Mexican and American diner fare at Ellsworth and Ocotillo roads.
- Green Restaurant named Arizona’s best vegan eatery
- La Santisima owner to launch new Mexican restaurant in Phoenix
- Weekend freeway restrictions coming to Loop 101 for March 9-12
- I’ll take two: Burger Battle returning to Scottsdale later this month
- Check out Arizona’s favorite places to eat based on OpenTable reviews