Memorial Day was celebrated across the state of Arizona Monday.
Sen. John McCain spent his Memorial Day with veterans at different locations all day in the Valley.
The veteran senator started the day at the National Memorial Cemetery.
McCain also spent time at the Phoenix VA.
He also spoke to those at American Legion.
The Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field were in on the celebration of Memorial Day, including the national anthem being sung by retired First Class Petty Officer Steven Powell.
The team also had special uniforms and a video package to thank soldiers for their service.
Congresswoman Marta McSally, a retired United States Air Force Colonel, wore her uniform and spoke at an Arizona Veterans home.
- Estimated population of squirrel plummets after Arizona wildfire
- Jodi Arias appeal prolonged by transcript errors and omissions
- Camping sold out for Phoenix NASCAR race in November
- Phoenix among US cities that have changed the most in past decade
- Federal officials are working to target sexual harassment in Arizona Tribes