Memorial Day was celebrated across the state of Arizona Monday.
Sen. John McCain spent his Memorial Day with veterans at different locations all day in the Valley.
The veteran senator started the day at the National Memorial Cemetery.
McCain also spent time at the Phoenix VA.
He also spoke to those at American Legion.
The Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field were in on the celebration of Memorial Day, including the national anthem being sung by retired First Class Petty Officer Steven Powell.
The team also had special uniforms and a video package to thank soldiers for their service.
Congresswoman Marta McSally, a retired United States Air Force Colonel, wore her uniform and spoke at an Arizona Veterans home.
- Families of Florence children exposed to tear gas file lawsuit against state
- US customs pulling airport officers, sending them to Arizona border
- Glendale estimates savings of $162.3M after light rail cancellation
- Ducey says Grand Canyon will stay open if government shuts down
- For fifth year in a row, organ donations in Arizona on the rise