PHOENIX — The mild month of May is about to come to an end and June is bringing in the heat.
We’ve reached 100 degrees four times in Phoenix during May — the same number as last year. Austin Jamison with the National Weather Service says Wednesdays high should hit 101 and Thursday’s should see a high of 107.
“The high Friday is expected to hit 111 in Phoenix, 112 on Saturday,” Jamison said.
“These temperatures are about 10 degrees above normal. It’s not that we’re looking at epic, record heat.”
Last year Phoenix hit 112 on June 15 and the heat was consistent through the month of June.
The hottest day of the month was June 18 at 115 degrees.
- Showers splash down on Phoenix area, but sunshine due rest of week
- Forecast calling for Phoenix highs near 110 as monsoon moisture wanes
- Hikers form human chain in flood-swollen Utah river
- Rain and hail hit Phoenix area, grounding flights at Sky Harbor
- Rain, blowing dust hit Phoenix area on Tuesday night