PHOENIX — The mild month of May is about to come to an end and June is bringing in the heat.
We’ve reached 100 degrees four times in Phoenix during May — the same number as last year. Austin Jamison with the National Weather Service says Wednesdays high should hit 101 and Thursday’s should see a high of 107.
“The high Friday is expected to hit 111 in Phoenix, 112 on Saturday,” Jamison said.
“These temperatures are about 10 degrees above normal. It’s not that we’re looking at epic, record heat.”
Last year Phoenix hit 112 on June 15 and the heat was consistent through the month of June.
The hottest day of the month was June 18 at 115 degrees.
- Monsoon rains flood parts of Flagstaff, high heat to return to Phoenix area
- Arizona roofs need extra attention during monsoon season
- No, there aren’t more dust storms in Phoenix — just more pictures of them
- Arizona monsoon season poses health risk for ailing and even the fit
- Monsoon storms engulf Phoenix area for 3rd consecutive day