In 2010, the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon killed 11 crew members and led to the largest oil spill in U.S. history.
Six years later, the story of one of the workers inspired a movie.
Starring Mark Wahlberg and Kate Hudson, “Deepwater Horizon” looks like another classic Wahlberg movie that is based off of the tragedy.
The Deepwater Horizon sank after an explosion on the oil rig and was never found. Seventeen people were injured on top of the 11 crew members who lost their lives during the incident. It was reported that over 200 million gallons of crude oil polluted the Gulf of Mexico.
The movie, which was directed by “Lone Survivor” director Peter Berg, is set to premiere on September 30.
- Marvel Studios drops the second trailer for ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- ‘Black Panther’ scores mighty $25.2 million Thursday debut
- 3 injured in explosion at Mesa Gateway Airport
- Video shows an in-depth look at the making of iconic travel trailer