NEW YORK (AP) – In an Oct. 16 story about a man who pleaded guilty to trespassing after he jumped into a Bronx Zoo tiger den, The Associated Press, relying on information from the New York Daily News, reported erroneously that David Villalobos will have to spend a year in a psychiatric facility. According to his attorney and the Bronx district attorney’s office, Villalobos must complete a year of mental health treatment, but he doesn’t have to be institutionalized.
A corrected version of the story is below:
Man mauled by tiger pleads guilty to trespassing
NY man who jumped into Bronx Zoo tiger den gets pleads guilty to trespassing, must undergo treatement
NEW YORK (AP) _ A man who was mauled after jumping into a Bronx Zoo tiger den must undergo mental health treatment as part of his conditional discharge.
The New York Daily News (
http://nydn.us/1bvHLHh) reports that David Villalobos (vee-uh-LOH’-bohs) pleaded guilty Tuesday to trespassing.
The 26-year-old Mahopac (MAY’-oh-pak), N.Y. resident must undergo mental health treatment for a year as part of a plea bargain deal.
Villalobos jumped from a monorail train that tours the zoo’s Wild Asia exhibit in September 2012. He scaled a fence to reach the Siberian tiger named Bashuta and was attacked and seriously injured.
According to the court complaint, he told police it was “a spiritual thing.” He said he wanted to be “at one with the tiger.”
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon