NEW YORK (AP) – In an Oct. 16 story about a man who pleaded guilty to trespassing after he jumped into a Bronx Zoo tiger den, The Associated Press, relying on information from the New York Daily News, reported erroneously that David Villalobos will have to spend a year in a psychiatric facility. According to his attorney and the Bronx district attorney’s office, Villalobos must complete a year of mental health treatment, but he doesn’t have to be institutionalized.
A corrected version of the story is below:
Man mauled by tiger pleads guilty to trespassing
NY man who jumped into Bronx Zoo tiger den gets pleads guilty to trespassing, must undergo treatement
NEW YORK (AP) _ A man who was mauled after jumping into a Bronx Zoo tiger den must undergo mental health treatment as part of his conditional discharge.
The New York Daily News (
http://nydn.us/1bvHLHh) reports that David Villalobos (vee-uh-LOH’-bohs) pleaded guilty Tuesday to trespassing.
The 26-year-old Mahopac (MAY’-oh-pak), N.Y. resident must undergo mental health treatment for a year as part of a plea bargain deal.
Villalobos jumped from a monorail train that tours the zoo’s Wild Asia exhibit in September 2012. He scaled a fence to reach the Siberian tiger named Bashuta and was attacked and seriously injured.
According to the court complaint, he told police it was “a spiritual thing.” He said he wanted to be “at one with the tiger.”
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.