The body of a missing Maricopa woman has been found and police have arrested a man in connection to her disappearance.
Angela Russo’s body was found Sunday in a desert area near Tonopah, according to detective Doug Matteson with the Maricopa County Sheriff’s office.
The pair may have met at an online dating site, a Phoenix news station reported.
Police said they arrested Lashawn Johnson and booked him into the Fourth Avenue Jail in Phoenix on charges of first-degree murder and other charges related to the crime.
“We got information pertaining to the case through leads and information that was gathered by our detectives,” Matteson said.
“This ultimately led us to discovering where the body was, which led us to getting information on a suspect which was Lashawn Johnson,” Matteson said.
Russo went missing out of Maricopa in April and Matteson said MCSO detectives are continuing the investigation into what happened to her.
KTAR’s Julie Levin contributed to this report.
- Phoenix-based marijuana company plans to turn town into pot resort
- Boxer LaMotta, immortalized in ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputies shoot armed man west of Phoenix
- Arizona officials urging people to get flu shots as season approaches
- Phoenix is fastest-warming city in US, meteorologist says