Some may look at Memorial Day as a three-day weekend that marks the official start of summer — celebrated with picnics, barbecues and trips to the lake. For others it means much more and what the holiday is supposed to represent.
One of those individuals is Senator John McCain, who during his service in the Navy was shot down over Hanoi during a bombing mission in support of the Vietnam War. He was captured and held prisoner from 1967 until 1973.
In this video, McCain shares acts of heroism he witness during the time he was being held prisoner of war. He also shares the importance of the country to remember those who sacrificed all for their nation and the families that gave a son or daughter in service for their country.
- Meghan McCain marries Ben Domenech in Arizona ceremony
- Prescott Valley police offer $500 reward for misplaced handgun
- 5 rescued after spending night in Phoenix-area desert due to stuck car
- American Express to add to Phoenix campus, relocate 3,000 jobs there
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving