The economy in the Grand Canyon state continues to eclipse the United States as a whole, and has had a better economy than the country over the past seven years.
According to Phoenix Business Journal, Arizona has shown a net gain in jobs since January 2009. Despite the United States suffering from unemployment throughout the years, the state has not be nearly affected.
The nation had its lowest percentage for private sector employment in February 2010, however Arizona was able to add nearly 324,000 jobs for a 16.5 percent increase.
Arizona also ensures providing people with health care. Between 2013 and 2014, Arizona experienced a 21 percent drop in the number of people without insurance, compared to a 20 percent drop around the nation.
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights
- Toys ‘R’ Us files for bankruptcy, but keeps stores open
- Two Fry’s employees in Arizona help customer avoid SRP scam
- Arizonans need to make $107K to be considered ‘rich,’ study finds