NEW YORK (AP) – An ex-Army soldier who shipped two grenades back to the U.S. from his service in Iraq and then took them from Fort Bragg, N.C., to his home in New York City has been sentenced to 18 months in prison.
Anthony Cibelli pleaded guilty in September to transporting the grenades without a license. He was sentenced Thursday.
The 25-year-old Cibelli was discharged from the Army in 2010.
Authorities searched his Bronx home last December. They say they found two grenades on the roof outside his bedroom window plus four guns, two improvised explosive devices and ammunition.
Cibelli told officers he’d stashed the items in a container he shipped from Iraq to Fort Bragg. Prosecutor Preet Bharara (buh-RAHR’-uh) says Cibelli put himself and others in his neighborhood at risk.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.