KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday at 7:23 a.m.
• In honor of National Spelling Week, Phoenix-area salon Keep it Cut is offering free haircuts to those who can spell. All you have to do is walk into one of the salon’s three Valley locations, spell the word they give you correctly and enjoy your free trim.
• A Valley hotel is kicking off summer with a splash. Between Friday and Labor Day, the Tempe Mission Palms near Fifth Street and Mill Avenue will allow all locals to access the pool for free. The pool will also mark National Hamburger Day on Saturday with $5 burgers topped with barbecue brisket and onion rings.
• The Valley is getting another new restaurant. Southern California-based WaBa Grill will open its doors near Tatum and Bell roads by June 11. WaBa is an on-the-go style restaurant that serves grilled California fusion food.
- Main Street Minute: Scottsdale museum gets Andy Warhol grant
- Main Street Minute: Bike-share opens in Scottsdale, offering free rides
- Main Street Minute: Lots of deals, freebies for vets on Veterans Day
- Main Street Minute: Trade in your Halloween candy for cash in Gilbert
- Main Street Minute: Pizzeria trading turkey donations for desserts