KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday at 7:23 a.m.
• In honor of National Spelling Week, Phoenix-area salon Keep it Cut is offering free haircuts to those who can spell. All you have to do is walk into one of the salon’s three Valley locations, spell the word they give you correctly and enjoy your free trim.
• A Valley hotel is kicking off summer with a splash. Between Friday and Labor Day, the Tempe Mission Palms near Fifth Street and Mill Avenue will allow all locals to access the pool for free. The pool will also mark National Hamburger Day on Saturday with $5 burgers topped with barbecue brisket and onion rings.
• The Valley is getting another new restaurant. Southern California-based WaBa Grill will open its doors near Tatum and Bell roads by June 11. WaBa is an on-the-go style restaurant that serves grilled California fusion food.
- 2-year-old girl dies after being found in Goodyear pool
- Here are 8 things to remember about pool safety this summer
- Memorial Day weekend was a busy one for Arizona forests under fire risk
- Non-fatal drownings can have lifelong consequences for children
- Box Office Top 20: ‘Solo’ tops charts with $103 million