PHOENIX — Looking for a place to retire? Look no further than Sedona.
According to Conde Nast Traveler, the northern Arizona town located just south of Flagstaff off Interstate 17 is ranked as the fifth-best place to retire.
The website said Sedona is best for reliable warm weather and a lively arts scene, including an annual film festival. It has a monthly art tour with galleries featuring local artists and offers affordable housing combined with a reputation being in one of the most tax-friendly states in the country.
The city also offers plenty of doctors, treatment and wellness centers and yoga retreats to help maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The magazine ranked Asheville, North Carolina as the best place to retire, citing its healthy living along with benefiting from a youthful spirit with University of North Carolina-Asheville nearby.
- Sedona man gets 120-year sentence for child pornography
- Travel magazine picks Sedona spot as one of best destination spas in US
- Longtime Phoenix TV weatherman Dave Munsey calls it a day
- Thrillist names Sedona the best small town in Arizona
- Arizona’s Slide Rock rated one of the best swimming holes in US