PHOENIX — A 54-year-old Phoenix woman was arrested this week for operating an unlicensed dental practice out of an apartment, the Arizona Attorney General’s Office said.
Elda Graciela Margez De Zamora was arrested on two felony counts — fraudulent schemes and practices and practicing dentistry without a license.
According to the Arizona Attorney General, Margez De Zamora, also known as “Mama Elda,” lives in Mexico and would drive to Phoenix to perform dental service for cash.
On May 18, an undercover agent observed Margez De Zamora treating patients in an apartment room. A variety of dental instruments were placed alongside a bed which seemed to be used as a makeshift dental chair.
Her case is being prosecuted by Assistant Attorney General Andy Kvesic and she is currently being held on a $20,000 bail.
- Phoenix ranked among most affordable travel destinations in US
- Phoenix ISM Raceway dropped from IndyCar’s 2019 schedule
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix