PHOENIX — A 54-year-old Phoenix woman was arrested this week for operating an unlicensed dental practice out of an apartment, the Arizona Attorney General’s Office said.
Elda Graciela Margez De Zamora was arrested on two felony counts — fraudulent schemes and practices and practicing dentistry without a license.
According to the Arizona Attorney General, Margez De Zamora, also known as “Mama Elda,” lives in Mexico and would drive to Phoenix to perform dental service for cash.
On May 18, an undercover agent observed Margez De Zamora treating patients in an apartment room. A variety of dental instruments were placed alongside a bed which seemed to be used as a makeshift dental chair.
Her case is being prosecuted by Assistant Attorney General Andy Kvesic and she is currently being held on a $20,000 bail.
- Silver Alert issued for missing man from Surprise
- Mountain Pointe teacher helping students at risk gets KTAR News award
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Phoenix ranks best city in nation for fall weather, survey finds
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports