PHOENIX — Border Patrol officials are searching for an undocumented immigrant who escaped from an agency-contracted bus by climbing out of the roof.
In a release, the Border Patrol said the bus was driving from Ajo to the agency’s station in Casa Grande about 10 p.m. when three immigrants opened a hatch in the bus ceiling and climbed out. The bus was at a stop light at the time.
Two of the escapees were apprehended, but one was still at large, possibly in the Casa Grande area.
The escapee has been identified as Heriberto Castellanos-Uribe.
Castellanos-Uribe, 22, is a Mexican national who has been charged with drug smuggling. Prosecution against him is pending.
The Casa Grande Police Department and Pinal County Sheriff’s Office are also searching for the escapee.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of the escapees is asked to contact the Border Patrol at 520-836-7812.
Casa Grande is just shy of 50 miles from downtown Phoenix.
KTAR’s Jeremy Foster contributed to this report.
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
- Showers splash down on Phoenix area, but sunshine due rest of week
- Arizona regents will continue in-state tuition for eligible immigrants
- Check out a first ride in a Lucid Motors car, to be built in Arizona
- Homeland Security may not be able to hire Trump’s promised 15K agents