The singer and guitarist from the musical group Florence + The Machine made a teenager’s day when stopping by to sing to her at a hospice in Austin, Texas.
Fifteen-year-old Karinya Chen was hoping to see Florence Welch and Rob Ackroyd perform at the Austin 360 Amphitheater May 19 but was unable to attend due to medical issues. Staffers at Hospice Austin reached out to the musicians, and they were happy to perform a special concert for Chen and her family and friends.
The cancer-stricken teen even knew the words to her favorite songs and sang along in harmony, according to KARE 11. Her friends in the room also joined in, much to the band’s delight.
Welch and Ackroyd performed the special concert for 45 minutes.
- McCain will undergo more radiation, chemotherapy treatments for cancer
- John McCain, battling brain cancer, returns to Senate
- Mom accused of lying about being doctor, faking son’s cancer
- GOP senator implies John McCain’s brain tumor clouded health vote
- John McCain to begin cancer treatment in Arizona next week