The singer and guitarist from the musical group Florence + The Machine made a teenager’s day when stopping by to sing to her at a hospice in Austin, Texas.
Fifteen-year-old Karinya Chen was hoping to see Florence Welch and Rob Ackroyd perform at the Austin 360 Amphitheater May 19 but was unable to attend due to medical issues. Staffers at Hospice Austin reached out to the musicians, and they were happy to perform a special concert for Chen and her family and friends.
The cancer-stricken teen even knew the words to her favorite songs and sang along in harmony, according to KARE 11. Her friends in the room also joined in, much to the band’s delight.
Welch and Ackroyd performed the special concert for 45 minutes.
- Goodyear-based cancer center to open two outpatient centers this month
- The Latest: Police don’t say if blast is related to others
- Cancer survivors want to ban tanning bed use for minors in Arizona
- Package bombs in Texas capital likely tied to earlier blast
- Cindy McCain posts photo with husband Sen. John McCain