The singer and guitarist from the musical group Florence + The Machine made a teenager’s day when stopping by to sing to her at a hospice in Austin, Texas.
Fifteen-year-old Karinya Chen was hoping to see Florence Welch and Rob Ackroyd perform at the Austin 360 Amphitheater May 19 but was unable to attend due to medical issues. Staffers at Hospice Austin reached out to the musicians, and they were happy to perform a special concert for Chen and her family and friends.
The cancer-stricken teen even knew the words to her favorite songs and sang along in harmony, according to KARE 11. Her friends in the room also joined in, much to the band’s delight.
Welch and Ackroyd performed the special concert for 45 minutes.
- John McCain shows gratitude for US military on Independence Day
- Sen. John McCain’s longtime aide says he is working on physical therapy
- Arizona State University gets funding for cancer research center
- Aide who mocked McCain’s brain cancer diagnosis out at White House
- Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich: ‘I wouldn’t want to bet against’ McCain