(AP) – Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. OUTRAGE FOLLOWS RUSSIAN PUSH INTO CRIMEA
Kerry calls on Putin to pull back from “an incredible act of aggression.”
2. AND THE OSCAR GOES TO … `12 YEARS A SLAVE’
The historical drama has been hailed as a corrective to the movie industry’s long omission of slavery stories and years of whiter tales like “Gone With the Wind.”
3. A THUMB’S UP FOR ELLEN DEGENERES
The AP’s Frazier Moore says that she did what any Oscar host should do: Stay involved and make sure everyone has fun.
4. WHERE LATEST WINTER STORM IN THE US MIGHT HIT HARDEST
Nearly a foot of snow is expected in parts of New Jersey.
5. INTENSE INTEREST IN PISTORIUS TRIAL
A 24-hour cable TV channel has been launched in South Africa to cover only the court case.
6. WHO’S BEING BLAMED FOR KNIFE SLASHINGS IN CHINA
Authorities say separatists from the country’s far west led the rampage that killed 29 people and wounded 143 in Kunming.
7. NETANYAHU CAN EXPECT A NUDGE
During the Israeli leader’s visit to the White House, Obama is expected to urge him to move forward on peace talks with the Palestinians.
8. WHAT’S TEMPERING SYMPATHY FOR US SOLDIER
Some believe Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl deserted his unit in Afghanistan before he was captured by the Taliban.
9. PROMISE, PERIL OF ULTRA-CONNECTED WORLD
A tech conference in Barcelona offers a future where everything is digitized _ with all the related privacy and security concerns.
10. IDITAROD SLED DOGS OFF AND RUNNING
Standing between the mushers and the finish line are about 1,000 miles of unforgiving Alaska terrain.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments