PHOENIX — You better double check your tickets, Arizona Lottery players!
One lucky Arizonan won the May 21 Powerball drawing and has yet to turn in their ticket.
The winning ticket was purchased in Gilbert at the Safeway near Val Vista Drive and Elliot Road. The ticket matched all five white ball numbers, 5-7-9-23-32, but failed to match the red Powerball number, 26.
This isn’t the first time that a winning ticket has taken time to surface. Earlier this month, someone won $8.4 million in the Pick and didn’t turn in their ticket immediately either.
Arizona has had 10 lottery players win $1 million or more in 2016.
To prevent the wrong person from cashing in on someone else’s big win, the Arizona Lottery suggests that players sign their tickets immediately after purchase and always check their tickets as soon as possible.
- Arizonans spent $10M on specialty license plates for first time ever
- 43 million tourists spent $22 billion in Arizona last year, research finds
- Gosar endorses Ward over McSally in divisive Senate race
- Missouri-based Park University to open Gilbert campus later this year
- Organization aiming to relaunch migrant foster program in Phoenix