PHILADELPHIA (AP) – A second man has been charged in the fatal shooting of an off-duty Philadelphia police officer.
Chancier McFarland was flown back to Philadelphia on Monday, the same day Officer Moses Walker Jr. was buried. He had surrendered to federal agents in Alabama.
A spokeswoman for District Attorney Seth Williams says McFarland has been charged with murder, conspiracy, robbery and weapons offenses.
Investigators say the 19-year-old McFarland and 23-year-old Rafael Jones are responsible for the Aug. 18 robbery that left Walker dead. Walker was heading home in street clothes after his shift when police say Jones and McFarland approached him and announced a robbery.
Police say Walker drew his weapon before he was shot three times.
Jones was charged last week. It wasn’t immediately clear if either man had an attorney.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains