Some West Valley businesses are trying to keep going while their area is affected by a major road construction project. But they are hoping that the great deals that they are offering will put you on the road to their front door.
The intersection of Bell Road and Grand Avenue is closed as crews build a new bridge over Grand Avenue. The closure is impacting some 300 businesses in the area, who still want you to shop with them.
“We are open for business here,” said Kendra Pettis, the Economic Development for the city of Surprise. “We’re going to continue to bring people into this area throughout the entire construction.”
Surprise is working with those businesses to come up with a campaign to make it worth your while to get through the road work and come shop. It’s called the Bell-Grand Shop Surprise Campaign. Pettis said that you’ll find lots of bargains.
“Each day, if you opt in, you’ll get texted out at Deal of the Day within the area,” Pettis said.
Here’s how you sign up.
“Anyone that’s interested in getting the deals can text Shop Surprise to 4-0-5-1-8. It’s also on Facebook and on www.shopsurpriseaz.com,” Pettis said.
The road work is expected to be finished by November at the latest
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report
- President Donald Trump again attacks Sen. Jeff Flake on Twitter
- Mesa mayor appears to call Trump an ‘idiot’ in talks with Sen. Jeff Flake
- McDowell Mountain Music Festival announces its March lineup
- Phoenix neighborhood to get cheap access to bike share after grant
- National Park Service seeks ways to manage non-native fish in Arizona