PHOENIX — At least one person died in a car accident on a freeway west of Phoenix early Friday morning.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said the multivehicle wreck closed a two-mile stretch of Interstate 10 East at State Route 85 in Buckeye. The crash site area is about 30 miles west of downtown and was closed until almost 10:30 a.m.
Ricardo Vasquez-Vasquez, 24, of Avondale was killed in the three-car crash.
The Arizona Department of Transportation advised commuters heading to the Phoenix area to take SR 85 and then Broadway and Miller roads to get back to the freeway.
Traffic on I-10 East headed past Phoenix can use State Route 85 to get to Interstate 8 to return to I-10 near Casa Grande.
Westbound I-10 remained open.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Arizona schools chief Diane Douglas supports Board of Regents lawsuit
- Woman rescued from Camelback Mountain after getting lost on trail
- Phoenix police plan to search landfill for missing woman’s body
- Trump rally, protest in downtown cost Phoenix $450K in overtime pay