PHOENIX — At least one person died in a car accident on a freeway west of Phoenix early Friday morning.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said the multivehicle wreck closed a two-mile stretch of Interstate 10 East at State Route 85 in Buckeye. The crash site area is about 30 miles west of downtown and was closed until almost 10:30 a.m.
Ricardo Vasquez-Vasquez, 24, of Avondale was killed in the three-car crash.
The Arizona Department of Transportation advised commuters heading to the Phoenix area to take SR 85 and then Broadway and Miller roads to get back to the freeway.
Traffic on I-10 East headed past Phoenix can use State Route 85 to get to Interstate 8 to return to I-10 near Casa Grande.
Westbound I-10 remained open.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Tempe’s Carvana ranked top-50 in America’s fastest-growing companies
- Arizona Rep. Trent Franks believes Trump will pardon Arpaio, supports it
- Phoenix’s main library will be shut down for nearly a year
- Main Street Minute: Barbecue spot to open in downtown Phoenix
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix